How Schools Should be Ranked : Part 1
Every parent goes through a struggle to choose the best school for her kid and the process of finding the right school is a deep struggle to begin with. The shiny gloss education sector wears now a days hides the depth of knowledge . to the point where large , expensive schools are devoid of a good and efficient systems that can provide feedback on the education quality.
This article tries to explain the parameters required to evaluate a Good School and highlights Key Features of a Good School Management Software
And how a Good School App can help in the process of building an efficient school . Let’s look at some parameters that define a good school
Transparency is the corner stone of good education , A school that lacks conviction to be transparent lacks the basic building block for a good education. In general larger the school even lower attention to be transparent. Transparency needs to be part and parcel of the culture than only a school can boast for a good ranking.
Transparency can be measured from two part .
- Administrative transparency
- Academic Transparency
How efficiently a school manages its operation and provides convenient options for parents and staff to engage with each other for a better targeted and coordinated manner without wasting tonnes of time is a important factor in evaluating Administrative Efficiency .
First Level Parameters
- Does School Have efficient Fees Management system
- Does school Provide Security mechanism for Fire and other natural or man made hazards
- Does school have an efficient School bus tracking
- Does school has an efficient Review and correction system for Staff and students
- Staff Payroll system
- Tracking well being of the staff through regular review systems
Second Level Parameters
- Time management efficiency from the time a kid boards on a bus to the time it reaches home
- How much percentage of time a teacher spends in Teaching related activities compared to administrative work
- What is the emotional maturity level of staff
- Is staff trained and assessed for emotional strengths